About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Monday, August 7, 2006

Trying to Catch Up

There is so much to talk about and I am so behind on my blog that I don’t even know where to start. One of our firm’s attorneys, the founder actually, passed away last week and we are all still shell-shocked. Zane Daniel was one of the most brilliant attorneys this town has ever seen, but more than that, he was the most lovable man you could ever meet. Generous and funny, intelligent and kind, devoted to his family … I could go on and on. His two sons are attorneys here and we are all grieving along with them.

On a much happier note, my friend Sara, who miscarried in her 10th week of pregnancy early in the summer, is now pregnant again and all is going well. She heard the baby’s heartbeat for the first time last week and the doctor says everything looks good. So YAY, a new baby to look forward to.

As far as my leg goes, I’m in my walking cast now – since July 26th – and getting around pretty well. I get the cast off on August 16th and we’ll see how I do without one. I’m really looking forward to that, but nervous as well – wondering how my ankle will hold up, how it will look and feel, etc. I certainly will be watching my step for a long while!!

My dad seems to be getting worse little by little, and my mom is so overwhelmed by it all. I can see new wrinkles on her face every day, bags under her eyes. She tries to keep a cheerful façade, but that’s just mom’s way of dealing with things. I’ve been trying to spend more time with both of them, but it’s been harder since I broke my leg.

Logan’s big birthday bash went very well last month. He had a huge turnout, lots of presents, and the kids all had a blast. I can’t believe he’s 8 years old. It seems like only yesterday …

Artie found a used hot tub in the paper for $200 and we went and got it. It needs to be cleaned up, but it seems to be in good shape. Believe me, I’m going to soak in it the minute I get this cast off! Logan calls it the “hot pool.”

That’s about all I can make myself write for the moment. Sorry I’m so behind. Say a prayer for the Daniel family, for our office staff, and for my parents.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, sorry to hear about Zane. It is nice to finally see something again. I can't believe that Logan is 8 already and that our kids are in school. But anyway hope you have a better rest of the week. Be seeing from you soon. CK

    ReplyDelete