About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Gastric Bypass Surgery


After a lot of research and doctor appointments and prayer and saving money, Artie and I decided together that I would undergo gastric bypass surgery. I chose to use Dr. Stephen Boyce as my surgeon and am very comfortable with him and his staff and their very comprehensive program. My surgery is scheduled for November 30th. I will be attending a lengthy preoperative diet class in about two weeks to go over my new eating habits and postoperative care.
I am very excited about this opportunity to change my health and my life in such a huge way. I have been overweight for so long now that I don't remember how it feels to be a normal weight and not have the weight-related health issues such as high blood pressure, sleep apnea, joint pain, back pain, extreme fatigue, shortness of breath, etc. I am too young to feel so old!
Please pray for me as I undergo this dramatic life change. Hopefully I will be able to impact Artie and Logan and the rest of my family in a positive way and improve their health, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment