About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Friday, July 29, 2011

F R I D A Y!!!!!


I am always glad to see Friday come, and today is no exception. It seems the past few weeks & weekends have been a whirlwind of activities and finally this weekend we have no plans other than church on Sunday. I am very much looking forward to relaxing a little bit. It is very rare for my boss to be out of town over a weekend, so that means I won't even have to check my email or worry about work for the next 2 days. What a relief!
I would like to take Logan for a "back-to-school" haircut and maybe some clothes shopping, but we'll just see how that goes. It is always an argument getting him to go for a haircut, but as you can see from the photo - he definitely NEEDS one! He is not confident in a lot of areas, but he definitely loves his hair!
Mom had a health scare this week with her heart, and she is going to see a cardiologist next week. I am growing more concerned with her health issues, and I wish she would take better care of herself. She is diabetic, has high cholesterol, a recurrent pituitary tumor, gout, and now some type of heart issue. Her PCP did an EKG on her this week and saw something he didn't like. I was discussing with my beloved therapist last night how scary it is to only have one living parent and see them go through health scares. I don't like the feeling at all.
On a happier note, I will hopefully have time to finish tacking my quilt this weekend so that Mom & I can bind the edges on Monday night (sewing lesson night) and it will be ready for use! I can hardly wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment