About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Sand Dollar Fun



While we were at the beach this year, we found over 300 sand dollars while digging with our toes out on the sand bar. Logan would dive and bring up 8 to 10 at a time. It was a sand dollar BOUNTY! :) So Kristi & I decided we would decorate some. I haven't seen any of Kristi's yet, but here are some of my "masterpieces" of sand dollar art. I doubt they will ever be in the Smithsonian or anything, but they are cute for a first try.
Artie & I are going to have a sand dollar Christmas tree this year for one of our many trees. We will use the plain, unadorned ones for that, but I have definitely been having fun playing with different ideas for these.
We just booked our Labor Day weekend trip, which means Artie, Logan & I are going back to Clearwater for the long weekend. We wanted one more "summer" getaway with just the 3 of us. I am very excited about it. More sand dollars are definitely in our future.

1 comment:

  1. love the sand dollar designs you need to open you a shop.cheryl

    ReplyDelete