About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Friday, December 2, 2011

Anniversary Weekend

I have had such a blissful morning so far. Off work, for one! Artie took Logan to school and then went to a doctor's appointment, so Lucy & I have had the house to ourselves. She keeps hanging around our luggage - she always knows when a trip is brewing. She will be staying at the kennel this weekend again. Thankfully she loves it there.
It's a beautiful chilly morning. I have straightened the house, finished packing, and wrapped a few gifts. I'm waiting on Artie to return from the doctor so we can head off to the mountains for our 3-day anniversary weekend. I can't believe we have been married for 25 years! I've been a Davis longer than I was a Dunsmore!
We don't have any super thrilling plans. We're staying in a cute little hotel that faces the Parkway, so we can watch the traffic from our balcony. We can walk to Olive Garden, Red Lobster and a few other restaurants. We will be across the street from Tanger Outlet Mall, so we plan to finish up our Christmas shopping.
I feel kind of guilty for leaving Logan behind, but with all the recent stress and arguing with him over his big Facebook mistake, I think it will be kind of nice to leave all that behind for a few days. Plus Artie and I never get away alone, so it will be fun for us and relaxing.
My big boss is not at the office today so that means I won't be getting work-related calls and emails and I can truly just relax.
Artie and I have definitely had our ups and downs over the past 25 years, but we have always known that God brought us together and He has kept us together. Hopefully our next 25 will be even better than the first 25!

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome .Glad you decided to get away for just the 2 of you.Are you in pigeon forge if so let me know and I will call my brother see what i can get yall in.He is off this weekend but maybe he can do something for you both.You have been so good to us and my grands when you are here on corn st would love to help out anyway i can.Not sure what he can do but believe he can do something for you.Have fun Love YOu

    ReplyDelete