About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Mid-Life Crisis

I haven't blogged in a REALLY long time, and some of you have reminded me of that lately. I have really not felt like I had anything of substance to talk about, or anything that you would enjoy reading. I believe I have been going through a mid-life crisis. I'm not really sure what they are supposed to feel like, but I'm pretty sure that's what this is.
I've been in a pretty serious low period of my depression. Depression is a part of my life that I deal with every day, but some days are much worse than others. I do see a therapist weekly and I do take medication, and of course, I pray and seek God's help. But it's an illness just like many others, and it flares up and calms down much like many other sicknesses.
I haven't really blogged because I have so many things to be thankful for and happy about, and it feels really selfish and indulgent to write about my troubles when so many around me have it so much worse. For example, my friend Kim is going through a very difficult and frightening time in her life with her husband's illness, and I can't blog about my job stress or my personal trainer with good conscience while her husband is in the fight of his life. It just seems much too self-absorbed.
I promise I will try to blog more soon. Just keep me in your prayers and please pray for Kim, Todd & Tyler Bloomfield!

3 comments:

  1. glad to hear from you and you are a strong person and i know you will overcome this depression soon.Praying for your friends and family and hope to see ya' soon.love ya cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim.. we are all entitle to our ups and downs days, you too!!! You are a great friend who cares about others a lot. I see it this way, we must take each day one by by one and not focus on what might or what is going to happen. If I did that I would be in the looney bin!

    Take some time to relax and fix your 'drama'... we all have 'drama' in our lives but with friends, we can mentally help one another!

    Your wonderful and we are thankful to have you praying and being concerned for us~ xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. ((Kim)) I have so missed your posts...praying for you and your sweet friends!

    ReplyDelete