About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Ups & Downs


For anyone who doesn't know, we sold our house in September, bought a new house, moved out the first week in November and moved into the new house. A few days before closing was to happen, we were informed that a secondary lien existed on our old house from the people WE bought it from, and now we cannot close until that is resolved. It has been 3+ months now and still no resolution. Several contract extensions, negotiations, and stress headaches later, we are still waiting. Starting today I get to make 2 house payments a month. Woo hoo! Our new house is beautiful and big, but I don't know if it's worth all THIS trouble!!
We had another great family night last night. We watched a Food Network Challenge (addicting) and America's Funniest Home Videos. Artie played basketball with Logan! (I know, I'm passing out, too). I scrapped for about an hour and made a little project with a photo of me and my beloved grandmother. It was a good night - too short like they all are. I dropped my car off this morning for new tires and brakes - just got the call with the bill - $1,100!! Good grief - why did I have to have this BMW again?!?!?
Logan started back to school today after a 2-week holiday break. He was anxious to see some of his friends again. He is so funny - just thinking of his jokes and expressions makes me laugh.
Dad is sleeping a lot the last several days. I hope it's not another step downward. Mom mentioned to me & Kristi today that we may need to consider going to the funeral home to pre-plan some things. I'm glad therapy starts back this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment