About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pinterest Addiction

Oh. My. Goodness. Have you joined Pinterest yet? (www.pinterest.com) It is so cool and SO addicting! You can create online bulletin boards and pin items to them from anywhere on the web. You can also take photos and pin those to your boards. I recently found a site, www.polyvore.com, where you can put outfits together piece by piece and save them. I love this site also.
I have gotten great recipes from Pinterest, as well as cute craft and scrap page ideas, clothes & shoes ideas, vacation destinations, workout motivation, all kinds of things. I usually get on every night from my iPad and pin away. It’s very fun and to me it seems less “dangerous” than Facebook. I have noticed over the past few months that some people’s Facebook posts annoy me greatly – “it’s a status after all, not a diary.” (I saw that quote on Pinterest, by the way).
I also like to see what my friends are pinning. One friend recently pinned a bunch of great front doors. I don’t know if she is shopping for a new door, but just looking at all the beautiful front doors was so peaceful to me. What’s beyond those doors? A beautiful home? Chaos? I enjoyed the possibilities in my head. (Yes, I do have a therapist, thank you).
I think Pinterest is inspirational. At least it is for me, with what I have been going through lately. It gives me motivation and hope – hope for a great trip or a steady stream of great workouts. Hope for a cute outfit that makes me look like I have some style. Hope that I may actually learn how to cook one day. And after all, who wants to live without hope?
Of course, my greatest hope of all is THE HOPE, Jesus. He is the greatest inspiration of all. ☺
If you haven’t tried Pinterest, you should definitely check it out!

1 comment:

  1. I started an account a few weeks ago...not had a lot of time yet, but I need to get my ipad out at night and do it, too!

    It is inspirational....but also making me want to redo my entire house!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete