About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

4 weeks out

Well, it's been four weeks since my surgery. I can't believe how fast this first month has gone by. I went back for my one-month postop appointment yesterday and I've lost 40 lbs now. Isn't that incredible? 40 lbs in one month. I still feel like I have so far to go, though. I saw pictures of myself from Christmas and to me I still look like the same old fat Kim as always.
I was delighted to learn yesterday that I can now advance to Phase 3 of the diet, which means no more pureed food! I can eat regular food (proteins and veggies only) and can increase from 1.5 oz per meal to up to 3 oz per meal (preferably 2 oz of protein and 1 oz of veggies). I am excited about this - I get to CHEW finally. :)
The dietitian noted in my food journal that we seemed to eat out a lot. I told her this was an ongoing issue for me. She suggested planning meals more in advance so we don't have to fall back on dining out as an option. I told her about my horrible Sonic experience of trying to puree a cheeseburger. She said we will get sick from those fried or fast foods more quickly than anything else.
On Christmas Day I did overeat at Mumma's. I had turkey, okra, a few green beans, and one tiny teaspoon of mac & cheese. As I was eating I began to feel full very quickly. (Total food on my plate MIGHT have been 4-5 oz). Immediately after the last bite I had to run to the bathroom, where I did throw up some. It took about an hour to feel normal again. I felt very tired and queasy and like a rock was in my stomach for at least an hour. After that experience, I do NOT want to overeat again - ever!! It was very unpleasant.
I managed to catch a nasty cold while in SC. I was freezing the whole time we were there, plus two or three of them already had a cold. I'm sick of taking pills, between cold meds, vitamins, regular meds, etc!! I am taking 19 pills per day, not counting the cold medicine! Good grief!
We had a good Christmas - Logan seemed very happy with his gifts, and we had fun at our house with Mom, Kristi, Pig & Hannah on Wednesday night. Our trip to SC was good and we hated to leave. I certainly dreaded coming back to work today after 5 days off, but if I can make it through today and tomorrow I'll be off again for 4 more days! Woo Hoo!! I just love the family time at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment