About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Addicted to that Splash Country!


Yes, we went back to Splash Country this weekend, our new favorite hangout. We took another of Logan's friends this time, Andrew, who is the same age as Logan. Andrew wasn't quite as brave as Logan's older friend, Blane - so Artie & I didn't have the same relaxing experience as the first time we went, but it was still a lot of fun. They open one hour early on Saturdays for season-pass holders, so we were there in line at 9:00 a.m. Unfortunately, once we got in the part, only one slide was open until 10:00 a.m., the regular opening time. So that slide got old quick. However, Logan declared around mid-day that he wanted to try Fire Tower Falls, the new 70-foot STEEP plunge. I went with him to stand in line - neither Artie nor I thought Logan would actually follow through. But surprise - he did, which meant since I was at the top of the tower with him, so did I. Other than the wedgie of a lifetime, it was fun - FAST and kind of scary, but fun. Artie rushed over and took his eyes off Andrew long enough to see Logan and me come down the twin slides. He was very proud of Logan and me - usually both chickens - for trying the most "frightening" ride in the park. I don't know if we'll get to go back before vacation in 2 weeks or not, but I hope so. I actually wanted to go back again Sunday, but since it was Father's Day, I let Artie decide how to spend the day. BIG mistake - he chose to spend the day cleaning house. ICK! Needless to say, I cleaned my office and bathroom and then went and got in the pool and floated around alone, unbothered, while Logan played at a friend's house. It was very nice, but Splash Country would have been better.

No comments:

Post a Comment