About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Turning 40

Well, my birthday week is coming to a close, and it's been a lot of celebrating and a lot of cake! The big day started off with presents from the office girls and a fabulous lunch at Agave Azul courtesy of the Boss. Steve & Evelyn, Sara & Meryl, and surprise - Barbara - all came to eat lunch with me courtesy of Steve. We had a great time. Then the office girls had cake and ice cream for me in the afternoon - a fabulous "Better than Sex" cake baked by Christy. Wednesday night Artie made my favorite Mexican dinner and had ANOTHER cake for me. He & Logan got me a quesadilla maker and the new James Patterson book - Beach Road - which I read in three nights. (It's terrific, by the way). And Artie is paying for my 90-minute massage at Spa Visage next weekend. I'm taking Mom along for her birthday present, too. :) Thursday night Logan finally stayed with Mom & Dad again - after a long drought of several weeks where he wouldn't stay, so Artie and I had a very romantic evening alone. Friday night Mom & Artie cooked ANOTHER fabulous meal for me - a fish fry - and MORE CAKE! And Saturday, Sara and Barbara took me for their incredible birthday surprise - a girls' day out. We started at the Nail Bar for pedicures and manicures, which was a great new place we had never been. Then we lunched at my choice - Olive Garden at Turkey Creek and had some fabulous food and drinks! The next item on the agenda was supposed to be shopping, but my mommy guilt kicked in when I found out Artie had been called in to work and had Logan with him while dealing with 50 employees. I abandoned my dear girlfriends for a mommy rescue, but then took it easy the rest of the day after that. It's been a lot of fun, a lot of celebrating, and a lot of great gifts. My friends and family made turning 40 a lot easier than I thought it would be. :):)

2 comments:

  1. It was a BLAST! I've been showing everyone my pink toes! B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I still remember that birthday for you long long ago at O'Charley's in the back...oh the memories...sure do miss you!

    ReplyDelete