About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Monday, June 5, 2006

Overdue Update

Okay, okay, I know my blog is behind. I’ve actually been busy living life instead of writing about it and now I’m behind. LOL A few updates: I actually finally quit my third job – transcribing for the private investigator. I had put it off and put it off and finally I just did it. I’m also cutting my hours on job 2 – the medical transcription, but I’m not letting go of it for several reasons. So hopefully I’ll have a little more free time now that I only have 2 jobs (paying jobs, that is).
Also, we had a fantastic yard sale Saturday and were very successful. Even Kristi made money, which never happens. The weather was great, the customers were friendly and bought tons of stuff, and I’m glad it’s over.
Logan and I went to see X-Men III on Friday and took a friend of his. The movie was really good, but had some sad parts. It was very cool to be off on a weekday and let Logan stay home from day care. He really enjoyed the extra play time!
Saturday after the yard sale we went to El Chico’s and took one of Logan’s friends again. We were laughing so hard during lunch that Logan’s friend (Andrew) blew Sprite out his nose and mouth and that made us all laugh even harder. Saturday night about 6 of Logan’s friends came over to swim and had a blast. I made snow cones for everyone to maintain my status as favorite neighborhood mom.
And – believe it or not – we finally have a vacation plan! Artie is much less than thrilled, but I think he’ll come around. We are going to “action-packed Pigeon Forge” for five nights with his family. I’ve booked a big loft apartment for us all right on the Parkway. His parents and his sister are all very excited – Artie is underwhelmed because it’s “just” Pigeon Forge instead of the beach, but I think by the time we try Splash Country, Dollywood, the NASCAR track, putt-putt, bumper boats, outlet shopping and tons of eating out, he’ll feel like it was a “real” vacation after all. J
I’m still neglecting my girlfriends and for that I’m really sorry. But I’m thinking of all of you and hoping you still love me anyway.

3 comments:

  1. Well sounds like a good weekend, and vacation sounds fun - sometimes its fun to not have to waste your whole vacation traveling to and from somewhere :) Played softball in Nashville last weekend - got 2nd out of 12 teams - had to play 7 games on Saturday ... phew ... just now can walk normal :) Talk to you soon! Babs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man did I just write you a book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kim! I am glad you were able to quit 'one' of your jobs. I hope you get some much needed rest...or at least more time with Artie and Logan. I hear you are in Bible school this week? I am sure it is going well..it always did. Hope you miss me ;-)

    I can't believe I missed your yard sale. I wanted to come by and see you. :-( I am glad it went well though.

    Sounds like your vacation will somewhat be relaxing and that is probably what you need...lol. We go up there every year for a week now in a cabin...we have the kids half the time and no kids half the time..it has worked out awesomely so far. WE are going in October this year.

    Have you heard from Gina yet? She wants you to sing at her wedding and I hope you accept. :-) You have one of the best voices ever. We are excited for her that is for sure!! After 11 1/2 years something had to happen!! We went to Jessica's for a trial run on our hair and she did a great job...she only was able to do Gina's though..she was supposed to do mine to, but we ran out of time..it was after 9pm before we left lastnight. You knew Jessica Nunnery had her own shop right? She said she still goes to Dante when they go. I have been tanning there...but am behind..I have to really catch up now...and lose some more weight...the dress I will probably be wearing is sleveless...UGH! I am so self conscious.

    Anyway, I saw you watched part of 24...Drew would never admit this to anyone...but we have TV Guardian and it is one of our favorite shows! HEE HEE. We have all the seasons on dvd and are anxiously awaiting the next series to come out. We had college classes the night it aired this series...so we haven't watched any of them and are soo excited to get the dvd! It is action packed for sure! I of course turn my head on some parts...a little too graphic for me.

    I sure do miss ya. I hope your dad somehow gets better too. Bless his heart. Hope to hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete