About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Memorial Day Weekend



We had a great Memorial Day weekend, even if I was sick the whole time (sinus infection and then stomach bug). Bonnie was well-behaved in the car for the most part. She and Logan slept most of the way down there. We got to Artie’s parents around 9:00 Friday night and sat out on the porch talking to them for a bit. Then we went to the motel and enjoyed the peace and quiet of the cigarette-free zone. LOL Saturday morning we had an interesting continental breakfast at the motel. Logan had Fruit Loops, two chocolate donuts, a dry waffle, and a piece of white bread. At least he enjoyed their sampling. Saturday Logan and Bailey stayed in the swimming pool all day and I remembered around 4:00 p.m. that he didn’t have any sunscreen on. BAD mommy!! He got quite sunburned. Saturday night we grilled out steaks and they were SO good. We were all exhausted from being out in the heat ALL day and Logan fell into a coma-like sleep when we got back to the motel. Bonnie enjoyed playing with Patti’s dogs, but she didn’t too much enjoy being outdoors all day in 90-degree weather. She went inside every time someone opened a door. Sunday it was more sun and pool time, but I lathered Logan up in sunscreen and made him keep a t-shirt on in the pool. We left around 6:00 Sunday night and got home around 9:30. There was more drama, of course – as always the case in Union. Monty (Artie’s brother) and his on-again-off-again fiancĂ©, Melissa, were feuding and she left 19 messages on his cell phone in the space of about 8 hours. She also called Artie’s parents house I think we counted 28 times on Saturday. Finally Artie picked up and um … blessed her out and told her to have some respect for his parents and quit calling all the time. We didn’t hear from her anymore after that.
Yesterday we were tired and “lazy” and spent most of the day either on the couch or in the pool. We did get some yard sale stuff together for our big sale coming up Saturday, but not as much as we had planned. It was nice to be lazy for a change.
Poor Logan is still sunburned and his little shoulders are just blistered. He can’t stand for his clothes to touch him, so I’m worried he’ll have a hard day today at Beaver Dam.
Artie starts back at Labor Ready today after his big job drama last week. And Dad is going to let Bonnie out around lunchtime today for a potty break. Dad and I are taking turns letting her out during the day until we can get a doggie door installed. ($400 to $500 for Bonnie-sized dogs!)
I’m looking very forward to my day off on Friday. I’m going to get everything ready for the yard sale on Saturday and take Logan to see X-Men III. Should be a fun day, I hope.
I hope all of you had a fun Memorial Day weekend, as well.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Bonnie is doing better and you guys had a good weekend. Went to FL and dropped off Jackson for his month long visit. He is having a blast already (swimming in the lake, riding the Sea Doo etc etc) Hope your feeling better! Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie seems like a very good dog. A gentle giant. Maybe Hannah can ride on her soon and pretent she's riding a horse. LOL! Hannah had fun at the garage sale Saturday and watching Logan and his buddies play ball, and playing with you and Logan yesterday. See? I read your blogs. hm, hm

    ReplyDelete