About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Fun Saturday


Well, we had a fun Saturday too. What an anomaly. We got up early and went to a subdivision sale. (For those of you yard sale novices, that means several houses in one subdivison all having yard sales at the same time). It was fun and we found several neat things. Then I went to have a pedicure and Artie & Logan continued yard-saling. They found a computer for Logan for $50! It's a good one too, a new Compaq Presario with a lot of bells & whistles. I've already set it up and it works perfectly. :) After they picked me up from my pedicure, we hit a few more sales and loaded down the back of the car. We found a scooter for Logan, some candles and decorative items for the house, and as always, clothes for the nieces. We also bought some antique Christmas ornaments cheap - since we have 5 Christmas trees now, we need all the help we can get.
After a yummy lunch at Austin's, we headed to the Great Smoky Mountains Flea Market and found more cool stuff, including a new laptop so I can work while on the road. (Yippee, more work!) LOL It was a fun day. We then headed home, made a couple more pit stops, and called it a day. Last night Artie and I tried to make our own "queso blanco" at home, but it didn't quite turn out great. It was edible, but it didn't taste like El Chico's cheese dip, that's for sure. It was a fun and productive day. We came home, hooked up the new computers and recovered from our busy day. It was a fun family day - the first time the three of us have spent all day together without anyone else in a long time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment