About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Monday, May 8, 2006

Another Weekend...


Well, we had another busy but fun family weekend. Friday night we ordered pizza and tried to get some yard sale items organized for our big upcoming sale. Saturday morning we were up early and gone to Kristi’s neighborhood for a subdivision full of yard sales. I got some great paperback books and lots of clothes for the nieces. We also got some oak 5-shelf bookcases for $2.00 each!! Yes, that’s $2.00 and not $20.00!! Unbelievable. Then we rushed home and picked up one of Logan’s friends to take them to a neighbor’s birthday party out west at Pump It Up. It was our first trip there and Logan loved it. It was a neat setup. We picked them up at 3:00 and rushed back home again for a family cookout I had planned for Mother’s Day. Mom & Dad will be gone to Panama City during Mother’s Day, and we’re going to SC that weekend, so I had Mom & Dad, Kristi, Pig & Hannah over for a cookout. Six or seven of Logan’s closest friends showed up and jumped in the pool, so it was definitely a houseful! It was fun, though and the food was good, even if I did grill it myself. LOL After everyone left, I collapsed on the couch and couldn’t feel my feet.
Logan’s BEST friend, Blaine, spent the night Saturday night and went to church with us Sunday morning. I got up and worked 3 hours before church on job 2. It was homecoming service, but we didn’t stay for lunch. We went home and ate leftover pizza and burgers. Artie and I collapsed on the couch while the kids played outside ALL day until past dark. Logan sure does enjoy the subdivision life. Our house is always brimming with kids it seems … but if it makes Logan happy, then it’s worth it, of course. Sounds kind of mundane typing all this out, but I’ve really enjoyed the past two weekends of fun family times. This weekend we’ll be going to SC for Mother’s Day, so we’ll have some fun family motel time. That’s always a blast – Logan loves motels. And I like getting away from the phone and the constant kids in the house. J

2 comments:

  1. You are better than me...when Noah is outside and 2-3 people come over...we are trying to figure out how to run them off...LOL...they drive us nuts! It is weird since I don't see Logan much that he is always bringing kids into the house...I actually still remember a 2 year old that I used to babysit...He is soooooo much older than that...How do you imagine me with kids at all? LOL!

    Sounds like you got some awesome deals too. I havnen't been able to do any yard selling this year yet and I really want to get out there. I just can't make myself get up. I love my 8-10 hours of sleep.

    I hope you all have fun in SC next week. Is Artie's family still well? I used to love being around his mother...she was such a crack up!

    Tell everyone hey from me again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was hilarious watching the kids shiver after getting out of the pool. Glad to hear none of them hurt Logan's feelings again. hm, hm

    ReplyDelete