About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Bad Doggie News

Well, I guess maybe Bonnie wasn’t the one after all. It was a fun 48 hours or so anyway. When we got home from work last night, she had pooped in the den three times and peed once. And when you have a huge dog, apparently they have huge poop, as well – like the size of a computer monitor. The house stunk SO bad it was almost impossible to stay inside. Artie cleaned it all up and finally had the house smelling normal again by about 9:00 last night, but let’s just say he wasn’t happy. I didn’t have to clean up the poop and doggy diarrhea, so I can’t really say anything. But now Bonnie is banned to the outdoors and can never come in the house again. And of course today it’s raining …
And Charlie, our Yorkie that was never housebroken right and peed in the house all the time, was supposed to be going to a new home Monday night, then Tuesday night, well, he’s still here and now he’s outside too. Artie said either we have outdoor-only dogs or no dogs at all. I think I’m going to be sick.
I think maybe it was an accident and Bonnie got sick or couldn’t help it, because it was mostly diarrhea-like and we have been feeding her steak, hot dogs, Krystal hamburgers, French fries, lots of treats. But as sure as I talk Artie into giving her another chance, she’ll do it again and I sure don’t want that to happen.
So … I think maybe it’s just not meant for me to have a dog. Even though I love dogs and I think Logan needs a pet since he’s an only child and he loves animals too. I’m just so frustrated and sad and upset and mad and disappointed and tired of it all.

4 comments:

  1. Oh NO! I am so sorry about this. I prefer outdoor dogs, but I am not a lover of them..so I can only imagine what you feel like making them stay outside. I know when Ben first came, he cried so sadly outside that I ALMOST would have brougth him in. SOO sorry Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smile :) - It will all work out! Maybe try it outside for awhile? Build her a little doggie home? or a pallet in the garage? Just a thought - I'm sure there are other ideas out there too - Relax, give it a few days and see how things go - :)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops - forgot to sign my name but I'm sure you would know it was me! Hope you have a great holiday weekend! Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. WELL I CAN TELL YOU THIS THERE IS LIKE THIS STORE CALLED TOY R US I THINK YOU ALL HAVE THEM UP THERE(HA HA HA) AND THEY HAVE THIS DOG NAMED SCAMPS AND HE IS GREAT AND I DONT THINK HE WILL LEAVE YOU ANY SURPRISES ON YOUR FLOOR WHEN YOU ALL GET HOME AND LOGAN CAN PLAY WITH HIM AND CALL HIM TO HIM AND EVERYTHING. JUST A LITTLE JOKE I AM SORRY ABOUT THAT BEAUTIFUL DOG I HOPE IT REALLY WORKS OUT FOR YOU GUYS I KNOW MADISON REALLY LOVES HER LITTLE TWEENIE DOG AS SHE SAYS. BUT ANYWAY TALK LATER:)

    ReplyDelete