About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Planning a Vacation!


Who knew that planning a vacation was its own brand of stress? I guess I haven’t taken a vacation in so long I had forgotten … or maybe it’s because Artie’s mom or my mom always planned our vacations and I’ve never had to do it before… Anyway, it’s stressful! It all started when Artie called me at work one day and said hey, I found this Universal Orlando vacation package online for only $500. Let’s check into it. From there it proceeded to us both getting time off from work (amazing for me!) and then checking further into the Universal deal. Of course, once you add a couple of things to the trip it’s more like $1,000 than $500. And then we spend some time with my parents and talk about how fun it would be to have an extra-long weekend trip to the mountains for the whole family before Dad gets any worse. And then we spend the weekend with Artie’s family and start talking about the old Davis family vacations to Myrtle Beach and how fun they were. So then our Universal trip is competing with trips to the mountains or trips to Myrtle Beach.
And then there’s the decision of whether or not to take a friend for Logan. Oh, the joys of an only child… His best friend (of the moment) is an 11-year-old who lives next door to us. Of course, the Universal trip free kid stuff is for 9 years old and under, so if we take the friend, there’s more expense. If we don’t take a friend, WE have to entertain Logan 24/7. Is that a vacation? I think not. Why pay $1,000 just to do what we do at home every day? LOL So then we think, wow, he has fun playing with “the nieces” (our 4 and 5-year-old nieces in SC) so maybe we could take them with us. They’re both so young they would be free! But we’d have to drive to SC to get them and take them home … so there’s an extra day’s travel. And a road trip with a 7, 5, and 4 year old. Is that a vacation? Whew! Sounds more like day care to me. LOL
So before it’s over with, I’m going to need a vacation from planning my vacation.

1 comment:

  1. Ok..now you wore me out! Good luck figuring out what in the world you are going to do.

    I have been clicking on every day to read your blog too! NERD.

    I am sure your dad is having a good time on vacation...he may need a break from your calls...LOL. Only teasing.

    Dad's birthday is tomorrow and we are all going over for Pizza and time just to chat. He is soo tired lately...I just hate it.

    Have a great day my friend!
    Lula

    ReplyDelete