About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Monday, May 22, 2006

New addition to the family


This is Bonnie. She joined us this weekend after I drove 90 miles one way to get her. She is half Dalmation, half Great Dane and was rescued by the Washington County Humane Society from an abuse situation. She had been shot, beaten, starved and was on the verge of death apparently. The lady who I adopted her from has had her for about six months and couldn’t handle a dog this big inside the house, so she searched for a loving home and found me. Bonnie is housetrained, which is the #1 requirement for us. We’ve had several dogs who are SUPPOSEDLY housetrained, but once we get them home they start peeing everywhere - that's been a nightmare. But so far, Bonnie really seems to be the real deal. Of course, she is huge – she is about an 85-pound dog and very tall. But she is a gentle giant. She lays around, doesn’t like to be outside except to do her business, and she wants to be around her people all the time. She is very loving and very gentle and calm. Hopefully we have found a perfect match in Miss Bonnie. Today will be the first day she has been left indoors alone for any length of time – while we are at work – so we are hoping she will do well. Artie fed her steak and hot dogs last night, so she is already queen of the palace.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...a King who is not even 10 and a queen who is not even human! I am CRACKING UP!!!!!!!!!!

    You all are a mess..and I'll stick to my small little beagle OUTSIDE.

    LOLOLOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and Artie & I are but their loyal servants apparently. LOL At least this dog was already named, so we didn't have to go through THAT again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She seems to be a beautiful dog...take a full body pic next so I can see more of her. I am sure I would be terrified of her though..I have a hard time being comfortable with smaller dogs...big ones just terrify me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmm maybe I should put myself up for adoption - HOT DOGS AND STEAK? LOL -congrats on the new addition -she looks really sweet and lovable!~ Barb

    ReplyDelete