About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Fall Break


So we are off to the Wilderness Lodge for Logan's fall break, with two of his friends in tow. Hopefully they will entertain one another so that Artie & I will get to chill and relax and just "supervise from afar."
I love extra-long weekends like this. A three or four-day weekend is just enough time to be off work without the sky falling at the office. Of course, I tote my laptop everywhere I go, so it's not like I'm ever really far from work, but I almost am.
The Wilderness Lodge is a really nice place to stay. The rooms are comfortable and have a full kitchen and a nice fireplace. I don't enjoy the water park as much as I used to, or as much as the kids do, but it's a very nice water park. There is also an arcade and a few restaurants. We plan to go to Dollywood on Saturday, at least for a few hours, to let them ride the thrill rides.
I'm not sure how much "family time" we will actually get in, since Logan's friends are going. But it's all about him anyway, right? I plan to take my Kindle, some magazines, and hundreds of digital photos to organize & edit for scrapbooking. I'm sure Artie will pack his puzzle books. We're so OLD and BORING now, aren't we?!? I'm reading over this thinking how pathetic we sound.
I would love to do some shopping while we're in Pigeon Forge, but it's not like we can go off shopping and leave the kids at the lodge, so I guess I'll shop online. I hope the leaves are in full fall glory.
Looking forward to a relaxing weekend ...

2 comments:

  1. Awe, have a great time...I would leave them all and go shopping on my own...even though you don't like leaving Artie....how romantic...I think! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you all have a great time and sorry but guess it is getting older not old.But it all about the kids.We were just saying if it wasnt for the grands we wouldn't go to the fair next week but its all about having fun with them.wow grands now im old oh sorry not just started young lol love cheryl

    ReplyDelete