About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Making Christmas Cards

Last year I hand-made all of the Christmas cards that I sent out. I started in July and worked on them periodically. I still had to do a few at the last minute. It was a whole lot of work, time, and expense, plus it took extra postage to mail them because they were hand-stamp only.
I wonder if anyone even noticed the handiwork that went into them? Did they throw them away as soon as they opened them? Did they notice the "handmade for you by Kim" stamp on the back?
I enjoyed making them, for the most part, and I had a little bit of help from Logan (only when he was really REALLY bored) and I played Christmas music while working on them - even in July. I just don't know if it's worth all the time and effort. Maybe I should just buy cards this year and stick a stamp on them like everyone else. Artie thinks sending Christmas cards is a waste of time and money. We sure don't receive as many as we used to, or as many as we send out. But I enjoy the process. I like hearing from people, and I like receiving actual mail for a change.
What do you think? Are Christmas cards a dying trend? Do you enjoy sending or receiving them?

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE to receive Christmas cards! I also love this time of year. I have sent out cards for about 3 to 4 years now. (don't think i've missed a year)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted that 1st comment....Deann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE getting Christmas cards...and making them is the best..I have done it once. It is so fun and I love writing a personal letter in each one...so it takes me a while, too....

    The usual cards are quite boring...but we get several and I send several...but homemade ones are so much cuter and sweeter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim loved the card you made that included the corn st gang and family .I thought it was really good.Im not that talented to do something like that but I think you should do what your heart tells you to do.Maybe this yr send bought cards to some and homemade ones to others.Next yr switch off .
    Love Cheryl

    ReplyDelete