About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My Craft Room

I'm so blessed to have an entire room just for my crafting space. I used to call it my scrap room because I did only scrapbooking in there, but now I have added my sewing machine, so it’s the craft room.

I wanted to wait until it was cleaned up before I took photos to share with the blog, but in reality it’s never completely cleaned up. I mean, there are always works in progress, so I decided to just forge ahead with sharing my room.

Artie helped me set all of this up, but he otherwise kind of avoids the craft room. It’s way too crammed with things and too messy for his taste. He will come in there and sit in the “praying chair” and work puzzles or watch TV sometimes while I scrap or sew, just to keep from us being in different parts of the house. I think his main complaint is that I just have too much stuff. I almost agree – I could probably never use all of my scrap supplies if I scrapped every day for the rest of my life. But ask any scrapper – we are paperholics, toolaholics … half the fun is in collecting the supplies!

This is my desk area. It is quite cluttered! I have my Cricut hooked up to my computer, as well as my two printers. I love the Canon 9000 photo printer. It prints up to 13 x 19 pages, which means I can print an entire 12 x 12 scrap page on one page. This is the only Windows computer left in the house – all the rest are Macs!
This is my Cricut cartridge collection – 101 of them at last count. More than I can possibly use! But I loan them out to friends all the time.
This is my most frequently used cardstock collection. Bazzill is my favorite brand, but I do have some other brands mixed in.
My bookshelves are loaded to the brim with scrapbooking supplies, books, Jim Shore figures, sentimental what-nots …
This is the sewing corner. The sewing machine cabinet and this machine were my beloved Mamaw’s. Artie got me a new Singer machine for my birthday, but we alternate between the two. I’d rather use Mamaw’s just for sentimental reasons, but it’s a little more complicated. I still have a looooong way to go in the sewing department!
Rubber stamps galore. I love stamping on pages or cards, but I do not use my stamps very often. Such a mess to clean them off each time. And if I emboss, even more mess with the embossing powder.
These four shots are different angles of my work table. It is actually quite clean at the moment, compared to its usual status. This is where I actually sit and put pages or cards together.



I try to use all types of creative storage ideas for my many, many, maaaannny supplies. This is a jewelry display that I’m using to store die-cuts on. You can also see the baby wipes I use to clean my hands after using any stamps or inks. My small photo trimmer is here and my basket of adhesives.
These small ink pads are great for inking the edges of a page or mat. I enjoy keeping them in this jar because I can see whatever color I’m digging for at the moment.
My Stampin’ Up ink pads. I have the entire set, but as I said, I don’t stamp as much as I should.
I love these storage drawers and shelves. They used to hold ALL of my scrap supplies. That’s hard to believe. I try to stay very organized, but it’s difficult when you have this much STUFF!
This is another work surface that Artie built for me. I have a small workspace in between my tool collection. Here you can see my Tim Holtz Vagabond and my dies and templates to use with that. You can also see some of my embellishments hanging on pegs. I have so many of them that I can’t even remember what I have to use them when I need them!
More embellishments, flowers, candy dots; my Slice cutting mat and my big paper cutter; the heat embosser; the electric distresser … so many tools!
More paper storage. All of my paper shelves are filled so full they won’t hold any more paper. I have not bought any in several weeks, but there is a new October Afternoon line out …
I love getting ideas and inspiration from my scrap magazines. I keep this basket next to my “praying chair” and read or look for ideas when I want some quiet time.
These are a few of the mini-albums I’ve made. I like to display some of my work in the craft room.
Here are a couple of my scrap pages.
And the decorated dress forms. I got this idea from my favorite scrap store, Scrappin’ in the City. They have a BIG dress like this. I wish I had room for more of these. I see them at Marshall’s & Ross all the time, but as you can see, I have NOWHERE ELSE to put ANYTHING in this room!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment