About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fall is in the Air



I love love love this time of year in East Tennessee! The colors on the trees are AMAZING! And the sky is a crisp blue that I don't notice any other time of year. The temperature is near-perfect. I also love the fall season because it means Thanksgiving is right around the corner, which is my favorite holiday.
Artie decorated our porch in a festive fall theme. Buying a ceramic pumpkin is SO much better than carving one every year, don't you think? Logan is not into that activity anymore, so we saved ourselves the trouble and mess.
On our trip to Pigeon Forge over the weekend, we saw the fall colors in full glory. The mountains were clear and beautiful in the background. The weather was absolutely perfect for our day at Dollywood on Saturday!
There is apparently a scarecrow trail at New Harvest Park starting this weekend, which I would love to go see. Logan wants to go to the Corn Maze before Halloween, and of course there is always the Haunted Forest.
I love the whole feeling of fall. I have my fall candles burning at home. The colors and smells of fall are so heartwarming.
I hope it's beautiful wherever you are!

1 comment:

  1. This is so pretty loved your pumpkin.Fall is a great tiem its not to hot and not to cold.Can't wait till ya'll come down and we can build a big bon fire and celebrate the fall weather.Love Cheryl

    ReplyDelete