About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

More Scrapbook Pages

Sometimes scrapping your child's art projects or drawings is a bit challenging ... at least for me. On some of these pages, I just tried to let his art shine through and not add much to it.

I loved his picture of a treehouse. I am obsessed with treehouses anyway, but I also love the bright colors he chose.
This was a project for science class, where they were studying how flowers grow. Am I the only mom who saves all of these things?
This one is so sweet! "If I were President..." Sadly I think Logan's vision may have changed a little bit since this project in 2nd grade. I think now he would choose to give everyone an xbox and an iPad instead of food & clothes.
This is his 2nd grade class photo. I wanted to incorporate it into the scrapbook, but these posed photos are difficult to scrap. I don't feel as if I made this a very fun page, but I like the color combination.
I love this page - probably because of the red & black together. Mom took Logan to an open house at the fire department and their photo made it into the Halls Shopper. I don't know who was more thrilled, Mom or Logan!
This whole photo cracks me up. Sweatpants? Really? I think we put him in a good shirt to have his school picture made, not realizing they would show his entire body in the class photo! Who knows? First grade was a real struggle for all of us, so it's good I can look back and find something to laugh about.
This page was about the birth of my niece, Hannah, who is my sister's one and only child. We were all thrilled, now there was a boy and a girl in the family.
I still have not journaled on this page about Dad. That's why the one mat is blank. I have this hanging in my scrap room, but I still can't finish it.
I was playing with my new printer and wanted to see how big I could print - this 13 x 19 photo was too big for even a 12 x 12 scrap page. This is my niece, Bailey, playing on the swings. I need to crop it down somehow to make a full photo scrap page!
This was a little flag he made at Vacation Bible School one year. I tried to use paper that had a similar color scheme. I always prefer to use computer journaling because it's so much neater, but I'm usually too lazy to do it.
This is another page about Hannah as an infant. I used clear embossing powder on the little chick and then heat-embossed it for that shiny look. I LOVE Kraft paper, so I really like this layout.
These photos were so sweet. Logan didn't know what to think about such a tiny baby. He wanted her to talk and play already!
Little did I know how true these words would be! She IS a diva!
I'm not sure why I didn't take a picture of the other half of this layout! This was the Dunsmores 50th Anniversary celebration. We had a big concert and gave Dad a plaque. There was a write-up in the Halls Shopper. It was a very special night, one of the last times Dad was mentally well enough to sing. I love the bright, bold paper. I used the huge font to print out the "50" so it would stand out on that busy background.

1 comment:

  1. these are so great .You always do such wonderful stuff.Wish I had all that talent. Thanks for sharing.Love Cheryl

    ReplyDelete