About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Cats

I am really an animal lover, but I am so much more a dog person than a cat person. I could have 10 dogs in the house and be happy as a clam. My husband, however, is definitely a cat person. We have my precious doggie, Lucy (who is about to celebrate her 5th birthday!) and we have two cats, Tiger & Frosty. The cats are about 8 months old, and they are brothers. We took them from Patti (my sister-in-law) when her cat had kittens this spring. They were so cute and cuddly as kittens, and they are growing into beautiful cats! They have soft fur and beautiful eyes and are loving and playful. But they are TROUBLE!
I cannot tell you how many vases or pictures they have knocked over and broken with their incessant jumping. They have broken one of my Jim Shore pieces in the scrap room by knocking it off a shelf. They have broken some of the sand dollar ornaments I made by dragging them downstairs and playing with them. I always drink with a straw, and they try to steal my straws and bat them around in the floor like hockey sticks. They have "misplaced" several of Logan's pairs of earphones. They try to eat off our plates when we're having dinner. We can't keep them off the kitchen counters no matter how hard we try, and that grosses me out! And to top it all off, at least one of them has started using the bathroom in our house, on the carpet! Not in the litter box! On our brand new carpet upstairs in Logan's room and the extra bedroom! So frustrating!
Logan loves the cats, and they sleep with him at night. I don't want to get rid of them because he loves them, and Artie likes them better than my Lucy; plus they came from Patti, so they're like "cat cousins." :) It's just really frustrating to see all the damage they can cause. Maybe they will grow out of it soon and calm down. I certainly hope so!
Meanwhile, Lucy & I will just observe from the recliner.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe "fixing" them would help...it has with my dogs in the past. I'm a dog lover too, we have a total of 6 now, and I promised no more to my hubby. (3 pugs 1 English bulldog and 1 shihtzu in the house and a black lab in the backyard). I would have to find me somewhere else to live if I tried to adopt anymore--Tammy

    ReplyDelete