About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Updates on Previous Posts

Whenever I run into friends who read my blog, I'm often asked "whatever happened with ...." and they are asking for an update from a previous blog post. So I thought I'd provide some updates on things that are going on with us.

Annual Review: Still hasn't happened yet!

Making Christmas Cards: I have bought boxed cards to send this year. I don’t have time to do it all, and I think sending the cards out is more important than whether or not they are handmade.

Small Groups: We are really enjoying our small group from church. The people in our group are very welcoming and we are slowly getting to know them better. Our discussions are always very enlightening. It is so encouraging to spend time with a group of people who help you grow in your faith!

“Parenting Fail”/Logan’s Weight Issues: Logan is still working with a trainer at the YMCA three times per week. He loves it, and I am SO THANKFUL for that! The trainer is doing an excellent job of keeping Logan motivated. Logan has lost 8 lbs. so far and 4% body fat.

STEM Academy: We are working on the transfer request paperwork for the STEM Academy. My plan is to apply and pray for God’s will to be done in Logan’s life. The admission is on a “lottery” system, which means they will choose a certain number of kids from each school in the county. If Logan doesn’t get chosen, then it must not be part of God’s plan for him to attend STEM. I cannot see the future, so I do not know what is best for Logan. Only God knows that.

Real Housewives Addiction: I have managed to stop watching ONE of the cities so far. I stopped watching New York because they just went too far over the top with their drama. I do hope to wean myself down to just one or two cities, instead of the four remaining shows.

25th Anniversary Trip: It has been a big ordeal trying to figure something out. We finally decided to cancel our trip to Louisville for my cousin’s wedding during the first weekend of December. Artie & I are just going to the mountains for a long weekend and Mom is going to stay with Logan. We still hope to make a trip to the Bahamas next year, but we will see what the future holds. I certainly appreciate all the suggestions and emails about your ideas for this dilemma!

Spouse in College: Artie has really struggled with the Fall Quarter course load he had (which of course means I have struggled right along with him!) He finally decided to drop his Anatomy & Physiology class and the Lab that went along with it. That leaves him with General Psychology and Interpersonal Communications to finish out the Fall Quarter. He then plans to take ONLY the two Anatomy courses for Winter Quarter. They require so much of his time and attention that it was just too much for him to carry four courses and work part-time also. Please continue to pray for him, for all of us, as he works toward this degree. I am so proud of how hard he is working and how well he has done so far!

Thank you for following along with the Kim's Life blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment