About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"Growing" Pains

Two milestone events for Logan this week and MOMMY is having "growing" pains! First of all, he went (Finally!) for a haircut on Saturday. His hair is still long, but it looks much cleaner after the cut.

During the shampoo phase, I noticed all this fuzz growing down the side of his face and realized he needed to SHAVE! I couldn't believe it. His long hair had covered it before. So once we got home, Artie SHAVED Logan's face! I couldn't believe it. I mean, I know he's 13, but he's still my B-A-B-Y!!
And while I'm still barely recovering from that, I have to prepare for Logan's big class trip to Williamsburg! They leave in the morning at 6:00 a.m. (!) and they won't be back until late Saturday night! 4 days! I mean, what will he do without us?!? Who will fix his snacks and keep his water bottles stocked & cold? Who will wash his hair and blow dry it? (usually Artie) Who will help him get dressed in the mornings and keep his dirty clothes separate from his clean ones in the suitcase? Will he brush his teeth AT ALL for four days? Will he shower? Will his friends run him out of the hotel room? Will he misbehave so badly that the teachers call us to drive to Williamsburg and get him? Will he be safe? Will he get car (bus) sick? (Very likely!) I can give him Dramamine before he leaves in the morning, but he's not allowed to carry meds with him, so how can he have some for the return trip? Did we pack enough clothes? Will he be cold? Will he lose his iPhone or iPad? Will he over-eat? Will he trash his hotel room? Mostly I'll just miss him. :(

2 comments:

  1. Awe you are such a loving mother and that is the best part . I bet as all mothers usually find out we worry to much .they will be having a ball and we will be home worried sick,miserable and when they return we are wanting the i missed you mom i didnt have you to do this or that but instead how was your trip it was fun or fine or whatever but never a mention of well without you i couldnt do this or that .lolWe as mothers have all been there and done that and have those same feelings.With the meds give them to the chaperone and tell them to make sure he gets them before he starts home.Love you and enjoy the time alone withArtie and I know this will be hard to because we always talked about Stacy.Afer a couple of trips it will get better.Praying for a safe trip for Logan and for God to keep your sanity in place.Love ya Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe! That is pretty crazy...I remember him being one of the CUTEST little boys I had ever seen when I kept him! He was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete