About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Saying Things We Regret

Don't you wish our mouths had a censor delay like they use in radio and on TV? So we could pause and think before we actually spew something out that might be hurtful to someone or embarrass them? I certainly do.
I have such a big mouth and apparently I love to talk. Sometimes I just blurt out whatever is on my mind and don't think about it first. I did that over the weekend and said something that really upset another person. I feel so bad about it now and wish I could take it back, but once those words are out there, they can't be unsaid.
This is a very short blog, and I know I haven't had as much to say lately. I am just really down on myself this morning for running my mouth. :(
I didn't say anything to intentionally hurt someone, I just didn't think how it might embarrass them before I shared it with other people. So it's a lesson to please think before you speak. It's much easier to censor yourself than to deal with the consequences later!

1 comment:

  1. Kim the first step is to realize what you did hurt someone second is not to beat yourself up over it but to speak to this person and make it right.Let them know you meant no harm just didnt realize how it would affect them .I bet they will except your forgiveness for this.You are a great person and all who know you sees this in you.Love ya cheryl

    ReplyDelete