About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Christmas Preparation Fantasy


So I have all these Christmas ideas spinning around in my head - not gift or shopping ideas, but baking, decorating, card-making ideas. Things that put you in the Christmas spirit. Artie & I used to make bunches of Christmas candy and cookies and put them in tins for gifts. We haven't done that in years, probably since Logan was born! I've already blogged about my card-making dilemma and how I can't decide whether to buy my cards or make them this year. I have earmarked at least 100 pages in my scrapbooking magazines for Christmas card ideas.
We are also planning to put up ALL of our Christmas trees this year for the first time in five years. We have six trees and may actually add another one this year. So I'm thinking of where to place them (it's our first time putting up more than one tree in our new house).

The problem with all of these nifty ideas is WHEN to make TIME to actually accomplish all of these things. It takes the fun out of it if you have to do it after work when you're exhausted. I know I would enjoy doing all of these things. I just need to slow down and take time to enjoy the season.
Sending out Christmas cards is very important to me. It's time to take a moment to remind your friends and family that you are thinking of them, and although you might not talk daily or even for months, that they are still on your mind. I also LOVE to receive cards ... HINT HINT. I always try (not always succeed) to have my cards ready to mail on December 1st. Maybe I can enlist Artie & Logan to help me make the cards. If I precut everything, we can have a gluing and stamping assembly line, right? I don't think they would go for that.
The baking is always fun, but since mine & Artie's surgeries, we can't eat a lot of sugar. It's kind of sad to bake Christmas goodies and not be able to eat them. Plus we don't need to have all that candy & sugar around with Logan on his weight loss program.
So I'll keep you posted on my progress. Hopefully it will be a season of Christmas cheer and fun, not stress!

1 comment:

  1. I would just start early and do one tree every few days or something...that way nothing is rushed. Maybe finish with the last tree being your main tree....just a thought.

    We do good to get our one tree up! Well...the children have had small trees for their rooms in the past...Noah's was Tennesse...Hannah's...just girlie things like purses and hello kitty stuff and Sara's was a tiny white tree with anything small enough to fit on it...ha!

    I am getting very excited about this time of year...YAY!

    Love ya!
    Lula

    ReplyDelete