About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Lacking Motivation


I am having a real problem with lack of motivation lately. This is unfortunately not a new problem for me. I am sitting at work this morning with a to-do pile up to my neck and all I want to do is drive home and lie down. Of course, Artie is at home so that makes it even more tempting.

I know in today’s economy I am so fortunate to have a job. The stress level is very high, but the pay is decent and I’m inside all day with a great view. When I do have to work on the weekends, it’s from home. I feel guilty when I complain about my job because I know so many people who just need to work!

I think part of my problem is the weather change. It’s been really cold here in Knoxville the past few days, and that always makes me want to cuddle up at home with a blanket and a fire. Another contributing factor is missing my dad. That is always worse around the holidays. He LOVED Christmas and I miss his goofy excitement. I am also still not feeling completely well physically, and I have that big appointment with the hematologist looming in a week or so, which is weighing on my mind.

I have to force myself to turn to my work pile and dig in. It’s like every file weighs 100 lbs. and I don’t want to lift it. Does that make sense to anyone but me?

I am so excited about next week being Thanksgiving and going to SC. My niece, Deann, and I have so much planned for that weekend with all the kids: making & decorating cookies, gingerbread houses, making ornaments, putting up Patti’s tree, playing Christmas music, and of course EATING.

Sorry to be a downer today. I’ll try to get pictures up tonight or tomorrow of the remaining Christmas trees. We’re doing our outdoor decorating tomorrow, so I’ll post that too.

Happy Friday to everyone (else). ;)

1 comment:

  1. Kim hope you are feeling better.Will heard Logan was coming and said nana please come and get me.lol He loves being around all of you.Hope you have a safe trip and know ya'll will have a good time.Love ya Cheryl

    ReplyDelete