About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Christmas Trees Update

Well, we had a great weekend of decorating, a tiny bit of Christmas shopping, and church activities.
Here is a peek into our decorating so far ...

This is our dining room tree. It has a brown & gold theme and has probably the most fragile ornaments. And of course, it's the cats' favorite tree so far. They have knocked off several ornaments and undone the fabric at the base of the tree numerous times in the 2 days it's been up.

This one is our little kitchen topiary tree. We used to have fruit decor in our kitchen (now roosters), but we still love these sugared fruits with the topiary. It looks cute sitting on our bistro table.

And this is MY tree! It used to be in my scrap room, but since there is no room in there... so we are putting it up in the 4th bedroom where there is plenty of room. I LOVE THIS TREE!
I love this shoe ornament from Hallmark. As you can see, my tree is all about shoes, purses, and cute girly things.


Check out the UGG boots ornament! How cute is that!?!?
This Victorian "shadow box" ornament is new this year. I found it at Hobby Lobby over the weekend. (By the way, Hobby Lobby has their Christmas items on sale for 50% off for another week - and they have a HUGE, GINORMOUS selection of ornaments!!)

Only 5 more trees to go ...

2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous.I went everywhere sat looking for me a white tree this year.Finally found one at jc penny its a 7 1/2 ft white alaskan love it now just hope it looks good when i get it here had to order it .Im doing silver this yr something totally out of character for me but need some changes.Keep up the good work saving all my decorating for thanksgiving weekend as usual.Love ya Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 more!?!?! And I thought I was "bad" lol...I enjoy decorating for Christmas also...I do a lot of snowman stuff so I can enjoy it longer. Please post more pics as you put them up...beautiful thus far!!

    ReplyDelete