About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

I Love This Boy

Oh my goodness. If you know anything about me at all, you know that Artie & Logan are my life. I am so blessed to be a mom, and I thank God for that every day. For several years I didn't think I could get pregnant at all, and then just when we gave up, God intervened.
I remember when I told Artie that I thought I was pregnant. We bought four pregnancy tests and I took them all. We still didn't want to tell anyone until I had been to the doctor to confirm. Artie called his parents since they are out of state. I told mine at their house on my sister's birthday in December. I made a Christmas tree ornament with a little plastic baby inside a tiny open box. The box lid said "Merry Christmas, You're Going to be Grandparents." Everyone cried, even my Dad.
While I was pregnant, of course I mainly hoped for a healthy baby, but I did want a boy. I always said I wanted him to have Artie's good looks and my brains. When we found out it was a boy, we were very excited.
We decorated the nursery with a Noah's Ark theme, and Artie & I hand-painted an ark and some animals on the wall of our apartment. It was quite beautiful, even if we did do it ourselves!
From the moment he was born, he was my miracle child. We didn't send him to the nursery for our two nights in the hospital. We couldn't bear for him to be out of our sight. They took him to circumcise him and I was pacing the floor, ready for them to bring him back.
I won't tell you his entire life story in this post, but fast-forward 13 years to the present day. Logan is the joy of my life. He can make me laugh, make me cry, make me angry, and make me smile faster than anyone else on the earth. He definitely has my sarcastic sense of humor, and we totally have inside jokes. Sometimes Artie looks at us like we are aliens. And sometimes Artie is the subject of our jokes. :)
When I get home from work in the evenings, I stop by Logan's room on my way to change clothes. He always says "Hey, Mom." If he says "Dad didn't take his medicine today," then I know Artie's in a bad mood. LOL If he says, "How was your day?" or stops playing xbox long enough to ask how the boss treated me that day, then I know he usually wants something.
He knows how to talk me into just about anything. He also knows where I keep my purse and which pocket my money is in. He knows how to use my credit card to order pizza online, but he can't figure out how to flush the toilet ...?

This boy is the center of our world. He knows it, too. He loves being a spoiled only child, but he loves his parents and his family. He is so gentle and caring with his 2-year-old cousin. He rolls his eyes when his 6-year-old cousin says she's going to marry him, but he holds her hand and walks with her anyway. (while we all crack up)

He has been known to give away his toys and games to less fortunate friends. He wants to volunteer at the homeless shelter or the food pantry. He worries about Mom being alone at night. He worries when someone in our family is struggling and wants to make sure they have food and money. He has a very kind heart - but he hides it if he wants to act cool. If I want to know how I REALLY look in an outfit - Logan is the one to ask. "You look fat, Mom, don't wear that." "That color is gross." "Why is your hair so yellow today?" "Mom, that is SO not cool." "Please don't answer the door in your pajamas if my friends come over!"
He goes to all the school dances (which I never did except senior prom) and goofs off with his friends. He could eat five pizzas in a row and not bat an eye. And he sleeps with two cats who are his babies. He could easily go on "Last Comic Standing" and win the grand prize.
The early teen years are not always the fun ones for parents or kids. But thank God that we have a close-knit family and a son who still talks to us and is not embarrassed to say "I love you" even in front of his friends.
I love this boy. He is still my miracle child. I do everything in my power to make his life fun and happy and secure. I am so glad God chose me to be his mom. I love this boy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment