About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Weekend Guilt

I want to know if I'm the only one who experiences "weekend guilt" come Sunday night. All during the week, I think of things I need to do around the house, or projects I need to work on in the craft room, or people I need to call, or errands I need to run. I even make lists (yes, I'm one of those list-maker people!) so I can check things off as I go.

However, once Friday night rolls around, I get weekend-itis and get super lazy. Artie, Logan & I will often go to a movie on Friday night to kick the weekend off. Saturday mornings, I lie in bed as long as I possibly can, and mentally go over my lists. I get up, get ready for the day, and once I get downstairs I end up on the screened porch or in the recliner. I start catching up on the TV shows recorded on the DVR or I get engrossed in some HGTV programming. Guilt starts to set in as I think of my lists ...

Artie is not a sit-arounder. He likes to be on the go and he likes to shop almost as much as I do. So we often end up running out on Saturday afternoons to do "errands," but instead end up at Ross, Marshall's, Target, having a nice lunch somewhere, the grocery store, and finally back home. I think this weekend we're going to try out the new Turkey Creek Public Market.
Sundays are usually church, naps, and leftover homework.
Then Sunday night rolls around and there are no check-marks on my lists! How does this happen? I mean, it is the weekend after all, a time for rest and rejuvenation. Maybe I shouldn't even make lists. Maybe I should just relax and not try to fill every spare minute of my time with something productive. What do you think? Is downtime okay? Can you sit around and be lazy on the weekends and not have to feel guilty about it?

2 comments:

  1. I think downtime is a good thing and necessary but I get the guilt thing all the time - my "should be doing.." voice is always nagging at me

    ReplyDelete
  2. we all have a certain guilt thing .I took a sudden trip this weekend but now like you feel guilty nothing got done here at all then there is stacy having some problems was worried about her but i did have a good time.Cant wait to do it again .lol So tommorrow after ten hours of working i will have to catch up.Thanks for the card got it .Love reading your blogs.Cheryl

    ReplyDelete