About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Real Embarrassing Real Housewives Addiction


I know by the constant online chatter that I am not the only person suffering from this affliction. Those of you who are sensible and sophisticated and mature, I'm sure you would never let yourself be caught dead watching such trash as any Real Housewives program. Most of you are probably too busy to watch television at all, in between executive positions and raising brilliant future kings and presidents and growing your own organic food. But, for those of us who are lazy and simple-minded and need to get a life, pure entertainment can be found in the "Real Housewives" of just about any city.

My favorite of the wacky series is definitely the New Jersey series. Those girls are NUTS! I'd like to think I'm most like the wise voice of Caroline, but in truth I'm probably more like the volatile Teresa. Teresa's husband, Joe, is way too violent for my taste and his scenes make me cringe. Artie (who watches with me willingly, don't let him tell you otherwise) was a big fan of Dina, who left the show mid-season last year. He's very happy that she now has her own show on HGTV.

My second favorite is the Beverly Hills cast. I am quite sad over the recent suicide of Russell Armstrong, Taylor's estranged husband. Although I never liked him on the show, the line between REAL reality and the reality they play on TV is a thin line and it's very sad he felt so much pressure that he took his own life. I mean this sincerely. I do love Lisa vanderpump, though. Witty and wise. And Adrienne Maloof manages to stay above the fray and still be interesting. My favorite is probably Kyle, though. I love that she has a big family and has what appears to be a stable marriage..

I also love those southern charmers, the Atlanta housewives. Nene used to be my favorite, but I think that girl has taken the ego train and left the station. I like Kim because she is like a cartoon version of a normal woman. Kandi is the most reasonable one on the show, but she doesn't have much competition. Phaedra is a joke - she makes up Southern "traditions" that no one else has ever heard of.

Then there are my O.C. girls. I very strongly dislike Vicki. She wants the world to revolve around her, but she also wants to be the one spinning it. And she seems much older than the other girls on O.C., don't you think? Like 20 years older? Tamra grosses me out with her innuendo and trying to look like a 20-year-old. I think Alexis is incredibly beautiful, but I think she is naive. I admire that she professes on TV to be a Christian, even though like the rest of us, she sometimes fails to live like the best example. Gretchen seems fake, and Peggy seems like a social climber. I miss Lynn. She was always fun!

I had not yet formed an opinion about the Miami girls, except that I didn't like Cristi Rice. I never even had the desire to watch the D.C. version. I was a huge Real Housewives NY fan, but they took their bickering to such a low level that I completely quit watching in the middle of the most recent season. I think it's quite hilarious that they just fired 4 of the NY housewives! If women in my life acted like any of those ladies, I'd get away from them so quickly! I think they need to make a REAL real housewives, with the moms who change diapers and cook dinners and help with homework and never stop, who barely scrape by on a minimum budget and actually get along with their friends. Would you watch that?

It's a definite guilty pleasure, but this blog is about being honest and REAL, so there you have it - I admit it, I'm addicted!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry don't watch it but would watch how us poor people do in the real world lol.Its surprises me how its all about upscale people on these shows but what if they lived like we do just the normal day to day life of working ,children and family.Wow would that not be a show to see.But I guess people like us are just to boring for a reality show.Theyjust haven't been to Corn st yet lol cheryl

    ReplyDelete