About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Parenting Fail Update


Several weeks ago I wrote about Logan's weight issue and how we were removing all junk food from the house. We did this in an attempt to help him (and us) eat more nutritious foods and lose weight. However, after approximately six weeks without snacks, Logan has not lost a single pound. He is frustrated and we are at a loss.
He recently had to make a small project for school and I found it in his agenda book. It was a shirt-shaped paper that had been colored in with pencils, and around the collar and sleeves they apparently had to write things about themselves. Logan had written "smart" and "funny" and a couple of other positive words, but at the bottom he had written "obese." I cried when I saw it.
So we have now taken another step in our plan of action to help our son. We have scheduled him for sessions with a personal trainer. We are already members at the YMCA, and they offer personal training for an additional cost. Artie believes that the a trainer will push Logan and motivate him more than we can by just taking him to the Y and working out with him. Logan's first session is later this week.
We will NOT let this issue win. We will figure out a way to help Logan and to protect his self-esteem as much as possible in the process.
I will continue to keep you posted....

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! Let me know how it goes...I have went back and forth with wondering if we would benefit and use a membership to the YMCA...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep at it GIRL... there is definitely no handbook on raising children. Your doing great and on the right track!

    ReplyDelete