About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Beach, Part 2

In just 18 LONG days from now, I'll be back here for the second time this year:


With Artie & Logan both in school, and my hectic work schedule, it gets harder and harder to plan little getaways. Quality time with Logan is also more & more scarce. Artie wanted to take another short trip with just the three of us, so we saw the golden opportunity in Labor Day Weekend. We are flying back down to Clearwater on Friday afternoon and flying back home Monday night. Almost three full days of sun, sand, water and uninterrupted FAMILY TIME! I am very much looking forward to that. Logan wants to go deep-sea fishing, and maybe we'll parasail again, who knows? I'm just looking forward to having the time with my two favorite people in the world. No work, no school, just the three of us!
I think parents should take any opportunity they can to get away with their kids and spend some family bonding time! Spending time at home with them is one thing - a very good thing - but getting away to a special place, where there are fun activities to share together and memories to make together - is a whole other experience. I enjoyed our family vacation earlier this year with Mom, Kristi & her family, too, but this will be different. Just my little family on our own adventure. I am counting the days!

No comments:

Post a Comment