About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pure Silliness

First of all, I have to say up front: I ADORED my grandmother! (We called her Mamaw here in the hills of Tennessee). She died in 1998 when I was a few weeks pregnant with Logan. I have always said the Lord gave me Logan when he took Mamaw because He knew I'd never survive it otherwise. I absolutely loved her like no other. She was my cheerleader, my voice of wisdom, a comedian, and a very bright & shining role model that I wish I had followed. I was her biggest fan.
The "silliness" of this post comes in because of the dress in this photo. Mamaw made this dress, and most of the other clothes she wore. Mom recently was going through some of her things and found this very dress. She gave it to me because she knows how close I was to Mamaw. The very first idea I had after she gave it to me was, "I wonder if I can fit into this dress? Wouldn't that make a cute picture?" I knew I had this photo of Mamaw in the dress. So .... I sucked in my tummy and I pulled and tugged and wiggled and squirmed and held my breath ... and voila!
Artie snapped a few photos and then had to pry me out of the dress. But for a few precious moments, I felt so close to her. Maybe because my breathing was cut off and I was that much closer to meeting her in heaven momentarily, OR maybe because she looked down from heaven and had a good laugh at my pure silliness.

1 comment: