About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Bucket List


Do you have items on your "bucket list?" Things you want to do in life before you kick the bucket? I enjoy a nice quiet, DRAMA-FREE lifestyle, so I'm not going to be climbing Mt. Everest anytime soon or auditioning for a role on The Real Housewives. There are a few things I'd like to do before my time is up, though. I was blessed to be able to check one item off that list last summer at the beach, which was parasailing. I had always wanted to try it, but never had the money and the courage at the same time. Kristi, Logan & I all tried it and all LOVED it. It was awesome and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I also enjoyed the fact that Logan and I shared the experience. The view was just incredible, although seeing a shark in the water below was a little bit of a turn-off. lol (It was way out at sea, further than we could ever swim from the beach).

Another item on my list is white-water rafting. Artie got to try this on a business trip a few years ago, and he loved it. I am afraid to try it, but I want to do it anyway. I'm not such a strong swimmer, and I'm scared I'll fall out of the raft and never be able to get back in. It just looks so fun and challenging, though. If I can talk Logan into it, we'll probably do that as a family outing soon. I must admit that THIS type of rafting


looks much more enticing to me than THIS type:


Another item I did get to check off this year was obtaining a passport. I've always wanted to have one, even though I've never been out of the country. Well, now all 3 of us have passports. We just need to pick somewhere to go so we can use them!
What is on YOUR bucket list?

No comments:

Post a Comment