About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Scrapbooking Beach Photos

I have finally finished a scrapbook of our 2007 family vacation - just me, Artie & Logan in Clearwater Beach. I will share some of my better pages with you here.

This photo is of Logan on the balcony of our hotel room, with the bay side of the island in the background. I bought a few postcards while we were there to use in my scrapbook. I purchased the die cut "Florida" at the Scrapbook Superstore in Sevierville. They have a lot of laser cut items. Looks are deceiving though. That one laser cut has 8 layers which have to be carefully stacked together and glued for that 3D look. I love this paper, which already looks like rays of sunshine. I didn't have to add much to the page because of the great paper.


This page is from the highlight of our trip, which was our visit to Discovery Cove in Orlando. We will never forget that experience! The best part of the day was swimming with the dolphins, which ended with a kiss. I tried to keep the page fairly simple because I thought the images were the star of the page. I mean, how often in life do you get to kiss a dolphin?


This page is one of my favorites. I used five different papers from the same line, and played off of the pinwheel design in the paper to add some pinwheel embellishments. The ribbon next to the photo is bright orange and picks up on the orange in the papers, as well. I also added some Stickles to the flowers and pinwheels on the white background paper. The photos are of Logan playing in the kids area at Pier 60, and I loved the "Fun in the Sun" embellishment, because that precisely described this moment in time.


First of all, I love these photos of Artie & Logan. I mean, come on, they are my two favorite subjects, for sure! I added a sepia tone to the photos before I printed them out. This gorgeous paper was a great background, because I do "Adore" them. I used a border punch to make the holes in the paper. I thought they looked like bubbles. And the bingo card just happened to contain the right dates for me to circle. What a great memory, watching the two of them together!


These two photos were taken at the two different hotels we stayed at during our trip, one in Orlando and one in Clearwater. I loved the fern effect of the felt sticker tape and thought it coordinated well with the photos. Logan looks so young here - he has certainly changed a lot in the past 4 years! I punched butterflies out of the same paper I used to mat Logan's photos. The felt word sticker says "Be Glad," and I am VERY glad to have such a wonderful, handsome son!


For this page, I played off the color of Logan's fluorescent green goggles. This beautiful beach paper has so many colors in it, but I think the green jumps out. I actually purchased the paper-pieced swimmer boy on ebay! I have bought many paper piecings on there because I have not mastered that art yet myself.


This page is one of my all-time favorites. Very simple, letting the photo take the lead. I used a sepia tone again on this photo, and it makes a very simple page with the muted tones of the paper and photo together. I love this photo and thought it deserved a page of its own.


"Oceans of Fun" - For some reason, I always have to take a photo UP the beach and DOWN the beach. I thought this page was a good way to display that beautiful scenery, plus it carried on the orange theme I used on so many pages of this scrapbook. It really seems like a sunny, happy book with all the bright colors and great memories!


We went to play mini-golf at a place called "Congo Golf & Gators." They had LIVE gators there you could feed with a stick and a string. We fed them hot dogs, of all things. The mini-golf course was awesome! It involved a crashed plane, a jungle boat, a few waterfalls, a cave, a giant snake, and of course, the live alligators. We are not very good at mini-golf, but it was a very fun outing!


The star of this page is probably the adorable paper piecing, "Let's Go to the Beach." For some reason the guy in the piecing reminded me of Artie - maybe it's the expression on his face. Again with the orange theme in the paper, and more adorable photos of LOGAN, of course.


This is just a fun page because of the paper and fish. It looks like water with the wavy lines and the swimmer - holding his nose like I do. This paper piecing came in the set with the other swimmer boy that I bought on ebay. The photos on this layout were from a giant shark slide that was set up at the pier. Logan loved it and had to do it over and over and over. It was fun for him, but very HOT for us standing out on the sand taking multiple photos. Isn't that what vacation is all about? The kids having fun and the parents following them around in the heat taking pictures? :)

Hope you enjoyed my pages. I'm sure most of you do much better work than this, but I'm proud of my scrapping. I sure enjoy it!

1 comment:

  1. I so want to make time to scrapbook again...Sara is pretty much 3 and I haven't done the first page of her! :(

    ReplyDelete