About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

First Day of School


I cannot believe my only child is now in 8th Grade! It seems impossible that he could already be this age. He is certainly sorry to see the summer break end, and with it his sleeping late. He told us that getting up early is what he dreaded most about school starting back. We make him take his showers every night before bed so he won't have to get up that much earlier to shower before school.
I can't remember waaaaay back to my middle school class schedule, but I don't remember having 7 classes during a day. Maybe we did. Logan has Science, Social Studies, Health, Gym, Math, Language Arts & Reading. Have Language Arts & Reading always been two separate classes? My memory fails again.
I guess I will be filling out forms this week until my hand falls off. I don't know why they ask for the same information every new year; if nothing has changed, can't we just write "Same" on the forms? I really do like the electronic lunch code they have introduced, however. Logan has a code and he enters that code to buy anything from the cafeteria. I can just go online and add money to his cafeteria account at any time. I can also see what he's buying for lunch. It's a pretty cool system, and I know they didn't have that when I was in school!
He wants to get into the new STEM Academy next year, so he's trying to upgrade to Honors classes this year. I'll be turning in the forms for that this week and speaking with the principal about it. His TCAP scores, which we received today, were amazing. I am very proud of him!
And so begins another school year. I'm the only person in my house not in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment