About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Obsessive Collecting

Yes, I collect things. A lot of things. One of those things seems to be costume jewelry, especially rings. I love rings, all colors, the bigger the better. I like to have a ring to match each outfit and look as if it were made just for that particular set of clothes. I like cheap rings, expensive rings, gold rings, silver rings (mostly silver), thin rings, thick rings. I especially like ODD rings that I've never seen on anyone else before.

This ring box has 72 slots. It does not hold all of my rings. Some of them are simply too big to fit into one slot, and some of them are just overflow. And this isn't even all of them.
I actually managed to part with a few and took a little Ziploc bag full of them to my niece, Deann, last time we were down in SC. I also sold a few in the most recent yard sale. And this is what I have left.
Sadly, rings are not my only obsessive collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment