About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Quilt is Finished!

I can't believe it! My first quilt is finished! Mom came over last night and helped me (i.e. "did most of the work") to sew the binding around the edges. It is so soft! I love all of the colors in this one. My pre-cut squares came from my favorite scrap shop, Scrappin in the City. I bought a fleece blanket at Ross for $6.99 to be my lining, and my backing is an old sheet. The tacking thread came from Hobby Lobby, although I think I'll choose a thicker weight thread next time. The true test of how good a quilt it really is will be whether or not it ends up in Logan's room. He sneaks downstairs and "steals" the good quilts and blankets out of the laundry room during the night and takes them to his room. Here's Mom with the finished product. I am very proud and can't wait to start another one. My next one is going to have an ocean theme and I'm going to create squares with sand dollars, starfish, shells & sea horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment