About this blog

I write about whatever is on my mind at the moment I am writing. Sometimes I may share too much information for your taste, or talk about a topic you find boring or uncomfortable. I'm just sharing my thoughts & experiences as honestly as I can, and would love your feedback, good or bad.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Jim Shore Collection


Another of my many collecting obsessions - Jim Shore pieces. I discovered this artist on a trip to Gatlinburg with Artie several years ago. I loved the folk art look of his work and the bright colors. Artie started buying me different pieces on special occasions, and my collection has grown to over 30 items now. They are starting to get harder to find. Hallmark stores used to carry a big selection of them, but now you're lucky to find a tiny shelf of 5-10 pieces to choose from. I have bought a few pieces online through Amazon and ebay. One of my favorite pieces is this lighthouse. Artie bought it for me after Dad died - Dad loved and collected lighthouse memorabilia. It has a light inside that lights up the window area. It is so pretty. It reminds me of Dad when I look at it.
I have pieces that we have bought on vacation at the beach, and pieces that we bought in Gatlinburg. I have pieces that relate to sewing and crafting, and Halloween and Christmas pieces. I have a few snowmen, and they are all so adorable! I have received pieces as gifts from my bosses, from my family, and from Artie. And yes, I have bought a few pieces for myself. :) Part of the fun of this collection, though, is the story that goes with each piece and why it was chosen. This piece was bought for me after Dad died, also. It plays "Amazing Grace," and the message reads: "The Lord has called you home and it is within the embrace of His loving arms that you shall reside forever." Of course, it doesn't hurt that the angel is a redhead like me & Kristi. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment